Mike Morrell may be best known as the collaborating author, with Richard Rohr, of The Divine Dance: The Trinity and Your Transformation. Mike was involved with the founding of the Wild Goose Festival, a justice, arts and spirituality gathering that takes place each July in western North Carolina; he is also the founder of the Wisdom Camp, which takes place each year just before the Wild Goose.
This is the second part of our conversation with Mike. To hear the first part, click here.
Mike curates contemplative and community experiences through programs such as Relational Skills and ReWilder, wherein he joyfully holds the space for the extraordinary transformation that can take place at the intersection of anticipation, imagination, and radical acceptance. Mike lives with his wife and two daughters in Asheville, North Carolina. To learn more about Mike’s ongoing exploration of Spirit, Culture, and Permaculture, visit his blog at MikeMorrell.org.
For me, the choice to be trinitarian is actually to be the most inclusive possible of the many sedimentary layers of our spiritual past… the trinity is a way of saying that unity is not uniformity, oneness is not conformity. — Mike Morrell
Most of our religious discussions are taking place in an eyeblink of geological time. That’s not to invalidate them, but it is to give them a certain healthy sense of proportion and humility. — Mike Morrell
Some of the Resources and Authors We Mention In This Episode:
- Richard Rohr with Mike Morrell, The Divine Dance: The Trinity and Your Transformation
- Ken Wilber, A Brief History of Everything
- C. S. Lewis, Surprised by Joy
- Sigmund Freud, The Future of an Illusion
- Brennan Manning, The Ragamuffin Gospel
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Life Together
- Alexander John Shaia, Heart and Mind
- Carl G. Jung, The Undiscovered Self
- Richard Rohr, The Naked Now: Learning to See as the Mystics See
- Rob Bell, Love Wins
- G. I. Gurdjieff, Beelzebub’s Tales to His Grandson
- Joseph Aziz, Gurdjieff: Mysticism, Contemplation, and Exercises
- Edgar Allan Poe, Collected Works
- Rumi, The Essential Rumi
- David Whyte, River Flow: New and Selected Poems
“Secrets,” the poem Mike read, is by Simona Chitescu Weik. Connect with her on Instagram: www.
Episode 97: Silence in the Divine Dance: A Conversation with Mike Morrell (Part Two)
Hosted by: Carl McColman
With: Cassidy Hall, Kevin Johnson
Guest: Mike Morrell
Date Recorded: April 7, 2020